The Women Prayer Meeting is a group in All Saints Anglican Church Surulere which consist of married women with the aim of propagating the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ in Love, Unity and Understanding. And it has been in existence since the onset of the Church.
AIM AND OBJECTIVES
- To encourage the propagation of the gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ and engage in charitable works and other activities of the Church.
- To promote Love, Peace, Understanding and Cooperation among members of the group and the Church in General.
- To train and develop individual members with a view of attaining spiritual advancement and true worship of God.
- To encourage members to engage actively in Church activities.
- To train and develop individual members by laying a foundation that would promote the spiritual advancement and the true worship of God through Bible Study and Prayers.
- To develop leadership skills and team spirit among women.
- To inculcate virtue and morals in our young members (women) both at home and in the Church.
We have the Vicar of All Saints Anglican Church Surulere or one of the Assisting Priest as appointed by the Vicar. He will have a spiritual oversight of the organisation.
ARMS OF WPM
The WPM consist of Women’s Guild (WG) and the Mothers Union (MU)
It is for all adult female who are married either by traditional or court marriage, those who are wedded in the church and register with a token fee.
Membership into Women’s Guild (WG). This is by enrollment. She must be a registered member of WPM
Membership into the Mothers Union (MU). This is only opened to women who have being enrolled into the Women’s Guild (WG) for at least one year. And is only for women who are duly wedded or have received marriage blessing in the church.
OUR MEETING DAYS
Thursday every week by 4pm
2nd Saturday every month by 4pm
When the WPM started, it had lay persons as leaders until Mrs Maduoma came in as the Vicar's wife and insisted that the Vicar’s wife should be the President of the WPM while the Lay Person will come in as Chairman. We had women like Mrs Eunice Umeh (Women Secretary), Mrs Dorothy Ejindu.
Currently we have the following positions and women occupying the office:
|The President - Vicar’s Wife||Mrs Ijeoma Onwuakpa|
|The Vice President||
|The Co-ordinators||The Group Leader|
|Group 1||Mrs Ijeoma Obiachonu|
|Group 2||Lady Afelenu Nwokedi|
|Group 1||Lady Loveth Eze|
|Group 1||Mrs Kelechi Nwankwo|
|General Secretary||Mrs. Oluchi Uwa|
|Asst Secretary||Mrs Kelechi Nwankwo|
|Financial Secretary||Mrs Stella Akujieze|
|Asst Fin. Secretary||Mrs Chinyere Ojini|
|Treasurer||Lady Nkiru Akosa|
Mrs Amaka Oguike
|Public Relations Officer|
|Enrolling members||Mrs Chinyere Mbaka|
|Mothers Union House Fellowship Co-ordinator||Lady Afulenu Nwokedi|
|Spiritual Leader||Lady Nkiru Akosa|
|Ladies and Girls Co-ordinator||Mrs Nonye Oguama|
|Outreach Co-ordinator||The Ex-officials/ Advisers:||
Also the group has four sweeping groups. The names are:
- Group 1 - Glorious Women
- Group 2 - Peculiar Women
- Group 3 - Royal Women
- Group 4 - Precious Women