In a world in crisis, in a world of strife and deprivation, God seeks people who would use their resource, time, learning, money, energy and talent to further His work on earth, to stand in the gap, to put smiles on the faces of men, women and children, and to forge peace and unity among the people. That was what led to the birth of Covenant Partners, Covenant Partners was conceived in 2005 by then Rev. Canon G.N.Chukwunenye (now Bishop of Oru Diocese), who was the Vicar of All Saints Anglican Church, Surulere, Lagos then. The period was a trying time for worshippers at the church who had embroiled in divisive church politics. The inaugural meeting of prospective members was convened on May 11, 2005 to share and fine tune the vision and hammer out a mission statement.
To partner with God and ourselves to further His Kingdom and righteousness on earth
To apply our endowment to foster spiritual maturity, Christian fellowship and brotherly love and bear each other’s burden.
Over the years, the association had deployed a number of strategies to achieve its mission which includes:
- Monthly breakfast fellowship on third Saturday of each month for spiritual sharpening
- Annual retreat and rededication of members
- Sponsorship of re-union service of past and present member of All Saints (Anglican) Church, Surulere
- To remove distractions that may hinder our Priest from concentrating on their spiritual calling
- To render financial support and counselling to prop up ailing business of worshipper
- To award scholarship to qualified but financially handicapped youth
- To put in place an effective network and database securing employment for our youths
- Employment creation through promoting and support to small-scale enterprise
- Investment and career counselling
- Promotion of Microfinance Bank to provide easy access to credit to worshippers and the public
- Any other activity that God may lay in our hearts to execute
The enormity of our mission came to the fore when in 2009 we interviewed some nominated worshippers for business financial support of which N300,000.00 (Three Hundred Thousand Naira Only) was disbursed to 5 members of the congregation. The need was overwhelming, while our funding was grossly limited. Although our gesture was appreciated, we were challenged to double our effort if our impact is to be felt maximally. Covenant Partners awards scholarships of 100,000.00 (One Hundred Thousand Naira Only) annually each to deserving student who have secured admission in Nigeria Universities. To Ensure that we touch more people and put smiles on the faces of more people, we were moved to seek the support of people of like mind. Our expectation is that God will use you, indeed all of us to achieve our declared mission.